If you would've asked me in December where I thought we'd be by this point, I'd have said that the EP would have been submitted, we'd have received approval and would be getting our travel call any day now! I never would have predicted that we would still be sitting here waiting on submittal.
I'm not going to lie. This is hard. Really hard.
Last Tuesday was one of the hardest days for me yet. The calendar flipped to February & we'd been hearing that things would get rolling in February. And nothing. Me and lots of waiting mamas sat at our computers and sobbed. This wasn't supposed to happen. We were supposed to wake up to happy news that things were finally starting. I remember walking into the kitchen to get a drink and just sat on the floor and bawled. I sobbed and sobbed and prayed and prayed. This heart was starting to feel like it was losing hope. It's hard to not know when this adoption will actually take place. I was starting to question if it will ever take place. I was in a low valley.
On Wednesday, word came out that the ministry would start to process adoptions by mid-February. It was welcome news to my ears. It was disappointing that we still had a couple more weeks to wait before anything started to happen, but the hope was back that things were getting ready to happen.
At this point, I'm guessing best case scenario is that we'll travel late March-early April. It's so frustrating when I thought he'd be home in February that we are waiting even longer. (By the way...I think Madden & his buddy Ace are new record holders for the longest wait from referral to travel with our agency.)
Please continue to pray for our family. We are all sick of waiting...but we know the end result will be sooooo worth it! Also, please pray for me and for how this will affect my business this year. Late march begins wedding season for me, so I don't know how this will all pan out. But, I have a back up ready to go for me & am just going to trust God through this process!
Next week is mid-February...bring on some good news!
Kellie, you guys are always in my prayers. I cannot imagine the pain of this wait for you. Praying for really, really good news mid-Feb! Love ya girl!
ReplyDelete