We got up and went to Lotte World. Lotte World is a huge indoor amusement park & it also has an outdoor "Magic Island" as well. It's kind of like a knock-off of Disney World...castle and all! The kids enjoyed a morning focused on them. They loved riding rides & we just enjoyed some fun time as a family!






After we left Lotte World, we headed to Toys R US since they were right next door. We knew Madden like Pororo but LOVES Tayo the bus, so we wanted to get loaded up with toys that he will enjoy. We definitely hit the jackpot there! (Future adoptive parents heading to Seoul...definitely stop here!!)

We then headed to Namdaemun market, but ended up walking through Myeondong Fashion District. Oh how I wish I had more time to shop. Myeondong is like Times Square or Michigan Avenue. But, we knew we were on limited time, so we headed over to Namdaemun to pick up some souvenirs and hanboks (traditional Korean clothing).


After lots of shopping, our feet were about to fall off, so we stopped in at Outback Restaurant for dinner. (Note for future travelers...it definitely seemed more expensive than here in the states, but it was so yummy!)
We then grabbed a cab and headed to Seoul tower. We wanted to see the city at night. We were exhausted, but we kept pushing because we knew this would be way too hard to do with Madden. The tower was AMAZING. It was hands down our favorite thing to visit. We went up the observatory tower and looked out across Seoul. This city is amazing. It was much bigger than I imagined and I loved looking at all of the lights and colors. I tried to take it all in and then I just stood there and wept. I couldn't believe that I'm asking my little boy to leave this amazing city. It just brought up so many emotions and feelings and I just stood there and cried. We are so very grateful to this country for allowing us to raise this sweet, amazing, wonderful little boy. Even through the tears, the visit to Seoul Tower at night was definitely our favorite thing to visit while in Seoul!


Oh Kellie.. I've been following you and praying for you. I'm so excited but definitely know how hard it must have been with conflicting emotions. Just keep staying strong in the Lord. He will ease the yoke for your family and for Madden. :) Hugs.
ReplyDelete