Thursday, April 12, 2012

A Special Easter...

I can't think of anything better than getting to spend Easter with Madden in our arms. We woke up, got dressed for church, and then headed to the coffee shop to try to Face Time with some family & friends before hopping on the subway. Madden put on quite the show on face time. He's nuts! haha!!

We headed out on the subway & went to church at Onnuri English Ministry. Pastor Eddie has done so much to promote adoption in Korea & I knew I wanted to visit his church while in Korea. Our friends, Grace & JT were going & we found out that my online buddy, Jen, would be there with her family. I was so excited about spending Easter Sunday with people that I've shared laughs, tears, struggles, and overcomings with.

We were sitting in church, and a video starts to play that features Grace's dad & how adoption has impacted their family. I turned around to her and said "Did you know that this was happening?" She did, but it surprised me to see their family up on the video on stage. (Pastor Eddie is leading the Voice of Love campaign & is asking families to submit videos to show how adoption has affected their families...we really need to get one submitted now that Madden's in our arms.)

Here's the video that played:


After the video played, Pastor Eddie talked about how that family was in church today & that there were other adoptive families worshiping with them today. He then invited all of us up on stage to share our stories. After sharing our stories, He and the congregation prayed over us. It was so powerful and I just couldn't believe that this moment was happening. It was one of my very favorite parts of our trip. Celebrating Easter with fellow believers and being prayed for as we begin this next step was just so amazing.





and here's a few more pics of my little cutie on Easter! :)




2 comments:

  1. OH Kellie it is so great to see your family together.I have really happy tears running down my face.I got really choked up listening to your good byes at Eastern...I can't imagine being one of the amazing FMs that do this,I don't think I could do it honestly.Broke my heart to hear Madden was crying out for his umma,but it will get better.Poor little guy.He is adorable and looks like his personality will for sure help with the transition.So sorry to hear Mason had a melt down,but glad to hear hes doing better.Your children are just precious and I think Madden will fit right in.Isn't it funny how the older Koreans gossip and give dirty looks.It still happens to us here in the states from the older Korean generation.We don't deal with it much as there are not alot of them in our city,but shopping in Chicago for sure.Best of luck to you in the coming days,I will look forward to hearing how well I know it will go for you.Can't wait to see more pics and updates.I will be thinking of you and again thank you so much for taking my moms package.It makes me happy to know that Kobes FF will get an update on him so they will know in their hearts that he is doing so well.Good luck and congratulations on your newest family member...Madden.Enjoy Lindsey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woke up this morning thinking about ya'll and praying for you so decided to check the blog for update. Thanks for posting the pictures and sharing your heart - my heart broke as I read about both your boys sadness. As much as we want to protect our kids from any sadness, you realize it's not possible - but I'm so glad you are there for both of them (and Millie) and will weather the sadness together!

    Beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete