I honestly forgot how busy life is with an almost 2 year old! He's busy, busy, busy! (which is the reason I haven't blogged! haha!) He's currently napping, so I'm going to try to tackle this before he wakes up!
Madden is doing so well at home. He is such a trooper & amazes us every day. It took about a week to make the transition from Korea time to our time zone, but after the switch, things got so much better!
(uh oh. Hearing movement in the room. Wonder if he will go back to sleep??)
I feel like I have so much to say about him, the transition, grieving...but I honestly don't know how to put it all into words at this point. His life was turned upside down and he has amazed us time and time again. We've definitely had our moments of hard grieving. One night I was so tired & I just sat and sobbed. He was sobbing because he was homesick. I was sobbing because I was just exhausted. I missed knowing what sleep and "normal" felt like. Then, I got so mad at myself for throwing a pity party when this poor kid just lost his everything.
(it's official. He's awake.)
Whew. Diaper changed & having a snack with is brother. Must blog quickly! haha!!
I'm going to blog about transitions/grieving/etc in the near future. Today I want to blog about Miles' Heaven day. It's so hard to believe that this past Sunday, April 22nd, marked 7 years since Miles went to be with Jesus. This has affected Mason much greater this year than any year previously, so we let him help plan our day. We went to the Indianapolis Zoo & met up with Uncle Travis, Aunt Wendy, Brooklyn & Isaiah. We enjoyed spending the day with them...and Mason & Millie got some much needed cousin time! Madden loved the zoo...especially the dolphins!
We spent the afternoon looking at animals, watching the dolphin show, riding a roller coaster & the train, and just enjoyed making memories together. After we left Indy, we headed home & went to Monicals for dinner. It was such a great night. Mason was holding up really well, so I thought maybe he was handling the day better than I thought he would. We tucked the kids into bed and then shortly after, I heard sobbing coming from Mason's room & he was crying about Miles. I read to him a book I created for him almost 7 years ago after Miles' passed away. It was amazing to see how something I made 7 years ago fit perfectly for him right now. God took care of those details...He knew that one day this night would happen & Mason would need to hear his story. We read the book, went through the Hope chest that has Miles' stuff & watched the video that played at his funeral. For all that sent cards 7 years ago...Mason thought they were like a special treasure. Thank you for loving on my boys & on us...the love and prayers are still felt!
Here's a few photos of our day together! :) (And yes...Millie chose to wear a cheetah print shirt so she would match the cheetah at the zoo. My little fashionista!)












I love the picture of you and Madden! He is looking up at you with such adoring eyes!
ReplyDeleteI just love seeing pics of your little family finally together. Breaks my heart for Mason. I hope it was healing somehow to help plan the day. And, I, for one am very interested in hearing about the grieving transition. I feel like we need some serious time together so we can chat to our heart's content about scrapping, adoption, photography, church planting, etc. ;)
ReplyDeleteSuch sweet pictures! There is no doubt that Madden is right where he belongs =)
ReplyDelete